Join us for the 3rd annual Devo Film Fest on August 27th, 2021
@ the Durango Powerhouse Science Museum (1333 Camino Del Rio, Durango, CO 81301)
Scroll down for showings, times, ticket options and trailers…
Sorry, tickets have SOLD OUT! We hope to see you next year!
TWO SHOWINGS AND TICKET OPTIONS:
- Matinee Showing (LOCAL FILMS ONLY). Ideal for kids and families. Doors at 4:00pm, films from 4:30-5:30. Cream Bean ice cream available for purchase at the event.
- Main Showing (Local Films + a Feature Film by Matchstick Productions: “A Biker’s Ballad”). Doors at 5:30, films begin at 6:30. Estimated run time: 2 hours. Food & Drinks available for purchase.
Tickets are required for a seat. Jr. Devo Kids (ages 5th Grade and younger) get in FREE (no ticket required). Free kids admission gives access to the free kids zone – paid admission ticket still needed for seating.
Food and Raffle Tickets are also available for pre-sale at the link below.
We’ll be raffling off over $1,000 in prizes from local sponsors, including Osprey Packs, and Purgatory Resort. Must be present to win.
Food, drinks, and ice cream provided by Grassburger, Ska Brewing, and Cream Bean Berry.
We’ll be showing a fantastic lineup of short films which celebrate mountain biking, and outdoor sports. Films were submitted by Devo’s own riders and alumni, local artists and filmmakers, as well as renowned production houses.
Our Main Showing will feature a premiere showing of Matchstick Productions’ “A Bikers Ballad”
Film Submissions Needed!
We are looking for excellent, short, entertaining content for the 3rd Annual Durango Devo Film Fest (DDFF)! Durango Devo is a Colorado 501[c] Youth Non-Profit. We provide outdoor mountain bike programs to 4-corners youth, ages 2-19, with the mission of developing lifelong cyclists by engaging kids with nature on their bikes. The DDFF is a fundraiser for Durango Devo, with 100% of proceeds benefiting Devo’s riders. Your film contribution will help us to host a beautiful and exciting event! As a non-profit, Devo can provide you with a tax-deductible Donation Receipt for the donation of your content. More information about Durango Devo can be found below, or at durangodevo.com. All film submissions must prominently feature outdoor recreation or a connection with nature of some sort, whether that be through mountain biking, climbing, skiing, hiking, environmental advocacy, or any other avenue you take to connect to the outdoors. Themes around cycling and/or Southwest Colorado are a bonus!
- You contact us about a submission at email@example.com
- We see where you are in the process and get the movie from you before the deadline…
- Submission Deadline: Saturday, August 14, 2021 by 10:00PM
- Accepted entries will receive 2 tickets to the show
- We will compile the entire show into a single movie, so it plays easily with no errors
- Submissions must be in one of the preferred formats listed below so we can compile them
- The compiled “DDFF Show” will not, nor ever should be made available for sale or posted online
- Individuals retain all rights to their works, and you must own all copyrights to your material
- We do not pay for submissions, nor is there a fee to submit
- We reserve the right to use appropriate short clips of your submissions/entries to promote the DDFF and Devo
- We do not permit additional public showings of the DDFF
Submission Rules and Guidelines:
- Shorter is better.
- Length can be from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes; submissions over 10 minutes must be outstanding for consideration.
- All films must be in 16:9 or 2:35 aspect ratios. No vertical video!
- Minimum resolution is 1080p (1920X1080) with a maximum of up to 4K.
- Slideshows may be accepted if they are of good quality and captivating to view. They must be comprised of HD images (1920X1080 or greater) and saved as a stand-alone movie file.
- The filmmaker must own or have permission to submit the work, and must have the legal authority to submit the work.
- Filmmaker submitting must agree that filmmaker has secured all necessary rights to both picture and sound, and exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights including but not limited to music, images, and content.
- Filmmaker further grants Durango Devo the right to use clips, stills, video and text from the film at the Festival or online for promotional, archival, and other non-commercial uses related to the Durango Devo Film Festival.
Submission Format Preferences:
- Please encode the final film as an .MOV, or .MP4 file with AppleProRes 422 (preferred for projection playback quality) or H.264 codecs
- 1080 @ 20 Mbps, 2k @ 30Mbps or 4k @ 50 Mbps
- 24, 29, 30 frames per second (60 fps is overkill for the projector since its refresh rate is only 30)
- 16:9 or 2:35 aspect ratios only
- Audio: stereo at 44 or 48 kHz at 320 kbit/s
Send Us Your Movie! Options, from easiest to hardest:
- Email us a cloud-drive link to your file
- Upload your video to Vimeo, make it “available for download” in the settings and email us the link. You can also keep it password protected so it’s not public.
- USB Drive (in an envelope with your name on it) for us at 10 Town Plaza #110, Durango, CO 81301
About Durango Devo… Durango Devo is a 501[c] Youth Non-Profit which provides developmental mountain bike lessons and programs for kids in the Four Corners area from ages 2 to 19. In practice, however, the realization of Devo’s mission involves much more than just riding bikes. Devo aims to foster a safe, respectful, and conscientious appreciation and stewardship for the environment by engaging Durango’s youth with the outdoors on their bikes. At an even deeper level, Devo strives to develop and better the lives of Durango’s youth through the power of the bicycle. Bikes provide a consistent and positive outlet for kids (and adults!) to hone and focus their energy. With Devo, kids learn the power of effective goal setting, experience the thrill of tangible improvement, and are inspired and empowered to translate these lessons to other aspects of their lives. Devo’s goals in the Durango community, in practice, incorporate Devo’s belief that bikes are an incredible tool for enacting positive, tangible change in the lives of the people that ride them. If you have questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions please email Devo’s Director, Levi, at firstname.lastname@example.org.