2020 Durango Devo Bike Swap!
Bike and Gear swap open to the public. All gear that is bike related is welcome.
Gear Check-In: Friday, April 24th, 2020 from 2:30pm to 8:30pm
Bike Swap (Sale): Saturday, April 25th, 2020 from 7:30am to 2:30pm
Unsold Gear Checkout: Saturday, April 25th, 2020 from 3:00pm – 6:30pm.
Chapman Hill Ice Rink and Pavilion at 500 Florida Rd, Durango, CO 81301. From downtown Durango: Travel North on Main Ave. to 15th St., turn right (East). Stay left as road merges into Florida Rd. From Florida/15th St./3rd Ave. intersection, go approximately .5 of a mile. Chapman Hill is on the right.
The Durango Devo Bike Swap is Durango Devo’s biggest fundraiser of the year and is a token spring cycling event in Durango. The Devo Bike Swap is known for having apparel, bikes, gear, and equipment from professional cyclists and Olympians like Ned Overend, Travis Brown, Todd Wells, Krista Rust, and Howard Grotts. The Swap is also a place for cyclists of all types to buy and sell their new and used gear. It’s your only one-stop shop for every type of new and used bike, part, and apparel.
1. Bring your new and used gear to the Chapman Hill on Friday, April 24th from 2:30pm-8:30pm, fill out a one-page form, choose a price for your equipment with the help of our pricing specialists, fill out your equipment tags ($1 per tag), then let our staff enter your equipment into our computer system, and place it on the floor for sale. There are numerous volunteers on hand to help in all steps of gear check-in. You can also donate gear directly to Devo for the swap, and Devo will collect 100% of the profits from your donated equipment!
2. Visit the Swap on Saturday, April 25th from 7:30am to 2:30pm to shop yourself ($1 donation at the door, volunteers get in free)!
3. Pick up any unsold gear from the Swap on Saturday, April 25th from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm. Unsold gear that is not picked up will be considered a donation.
4. Receive a check in the mail for all items sold (20% of each sale goes to Durango Devo).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do 20% of the sales go to Durango Devo? Durango Devo is a 501(c)3 non-for-profit whose mission is to create life-long cyclists through inclusive, team cycling model. We have over 900 athletes ages 2-19 and 90 coaches, all of whom rely on fundraisers like the Bike Swap to keep Devo alive! The Devo Bike Swap is Devo’s largest fundraiser.
2. How can I volunteer to help at the Swap? CLICK THE “VOLUNTEER NOW!!” BUTTON AT THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SIGNUP FOR A VOLUNTEER POSITION! All volunteers are invited to shop the Swap during our Early-Bird hours before the Swap opens to the public!
3. What kind of equipment can I bring? If it is bike related, you can try to sell it! Commonly sold items are road bikes, mountain bikes, kids bikes, cruisers, shocks, wheels, components, bike shoes, pedals, helmets, pumps, bike packs, jerseys, wrenching materials, bike racks, and anything that gets pulled behind a bike.
4. How do I get my gear that does not sell? All unsold gear can easily be picked up with your white stub from the same location Saturday from 3-6:30pm
5. How much does it cost to get into the swap? $1
6. Who prices the gear? You are free to choose your own price, but we have expert staff on hand to help you put a competitive price on your bikes and equipment.
7. Can I bring gear any other time besides Friday from 2:30-8:30 pm? Nope, we can only accept gear during these times! If you plan on selling more than 20 pieces of equipment, we ask that you contact Durango Devo early to be able to begin registering your gear early to save time on Check-In Day.
8. Does it cost me anything to put my gear in the swap? $1 per tag
9. How long does it take to check in gear? If you are selling less than 10 items, most people spend less than 30 minutes checking in gear.
10. Do I have to pick up my unsold gear on Saturday from 3:00-6: 30 pm? Yes! Saturday afternoon is the only official pickup time. All items not picked up by Sunday are considered permanent donations to Durango Devo.
11. Do you accept donated items? Of course! In fact, this is the easiest way to drop off gear. Bring all donated gear to the ‘Donated Gear’ table and we will take it from there! Please work out beforehand if you would like to receive a receipt for tax purposes. Please donate items that work and are gently used.
12. When can I expect to receive my check? Checks for your sold equipment will be mailed within two weeks of the Swap.
13. I did not get my question answered, who do I contact? Please direct questions to Levi Kurlander, Devo’s Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.