2021 Bike Swap is ON – May 14-16, 2021 @ Chapman Hill, Durango CO
Gear Drop Off: Friday, May 14th, 9am-7pm
Swap Sale: Saturday, May 15th, 9am-7pm
Unsold Gear Pickup: Sunday, May 16th, 9am-1pm
NEW THIS YEAR – CHECK IN YOUR GEAR FROM HOME. INFO COMING SOON ABOUT NEW ONLINE CHECK-IN FEATURE!
Need Help With Pricing?
Email quality pictures and a description of your bike to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you ASAP (Mon-Fri) with a recommended price!
Need Help Selling a Bike?
If you can’t find time to sell a bike yourself, we can help you sell a limited number of bikes (first come first served until we run out of room). Bikes only. Cost for the service is 30% of the sale price or $500, whichever is less. We’ll pick up the bike from your house, and send you a check when it sells. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup (Mon-Fri).
Bike Donations Are Welcome!
Have a bike that you’re willing to donate to Devo? Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll arrange to pick up your donated bike right from your garage! We’ll either pass along your bike to a Devo rider in need or sell it to help fund our programs. We’re accepting BIKE donations ONLY this year. No parts or apparel, please.
Please Consider A Recurring Cash Donation!
If you thought that Devo helped you buy/sell your bikes and gear this year, please consider making a small donation to Durango Devo. Devo is a 501[c] non-profit, and donations are tax-deductible. 100% of your donations will go towards helping us get more kids on bikes. If you can, please consider setting up a recurring donation. Even $5/month is guaranteed to help put a smile on a kids face!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do 20% of the sales go to Durango Devo? Durango Devo is a 501(c)3 non-for-profit whose mission is to create life-long cyclists through an inclusive, team cycling model. We have over 600 athletes ages 2-19 and 90 coaches, all of whom rely on fundraisers like the Bike Swap to keep Devo alive! The Devo Bike Swap is Devo’s largest fundraiser.
- How can I volunteer to help at the Swap? SWAP VOLUNTEER SIGNUPS WILL BE POSTED TO THIS PAGE WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. All volunteers are invited to shop the Swap during our Early-Bird hours before the Swap opens to the public!
- What kind of equipment can I bring? If it is bike-related, you can try to sell it! Commonly sold items are road bikes, mountain bikes, kids bikes, cruisers, shocks, wheels, components, bike shoes, pedals, helmets, pumps, bike packs, jerseys, wrenching materials, bike racks, and anything that gets pulled behind a bike.
- How do I get my gear that does not sell? All unsold gear can easily be picked up with your check-in receipt from Chapman Hill on Sunday.
- How much does it cost to get into the swap? $1
- Who prices the gear? You are free to choose your own price, but we have expert staff on hand to help you put a competitive price on your bikes and equipment.
- Can I bring gear any other time besides Friday from 9am-7pm? Nope, we can only accept gear during these times! If you plan on selling more than 20 pieces of equipment, we ask that you contact Durango Devo early to be able to begin registering your gear early to save time on Check-In Day.
- Does it cost me anything to put my gear in the swap? $1 per tag
- How long does it take to check in gear? If you are selling less than 10 items, most people spend less than 30 minutes checking in gear.
- Do I have to pick up my unsold gear on Saturday from 3:00-6: 30 pm? Yes! Saturday afternoon is the only official pickup time. All items not picked up by Sunday are considered permanent donations to Durango Devo.
- Do you accept donated items? Of course! In fact, this is the easiest way to drop off gear. Bring all donated gear to the ‘Donated Gear’ table and we will take it from there! Please work out beforehand if you would like to receive a receipt for tax purposes. Please donate items that work and are gently used.
- When can I expect to receive my check? Checks for your sold equipment will be mailed within two weeks of the Swap.
If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call, 970-799-0609, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.