2023 Bike Swap is ON – April 28-30, 2023 @ Chapman Hill, Durango CO
Gear Drop Off: Friday, April 28th, 9am-7pm
In Person Check In: Friday, April 28th 9am-7pm
Swap Sale: Saturday, April 29th, 9am-7pm
Unsold Gear Pickup: Sunday, April 30th, 9am-1pm
ONLINE CHECK-IN IS CLOSED – PLEASE COME VISIT US IN PERSON AT CHAPMAN HILL!
Need Help With Pricing?
Take a look at Bicycle Bluebook for help with bike pricing. A local bike shop may also be able to help! We’ll have pricing experts on hand during check-in on Friday to help with day-of questions.
Bike Donations Are Welcome!
Have a bike that you’re willing to donate to Devo? Please drop your donations off with us during Bike Swap Check-In on Friday! When you drop off your gear, we can provide you with a donation receipt. We’ll either pass along your bike to a Devo rider in need or sell it to help fund our programs. Due to limited storage space, Devo will not be accepting donations prior to the Swap this year. Please drop off all donations during Bike Swap Check-In on Friday April 29th. Thank you!
Please Consider A Recurring Cash Donation!
If you thought that Devo helped you buy/sell your bikes and gear this year, please consider making a small donation to Durango Devo. Devo is a 501[c] non-profit, and donations are tax-deductible. 100% of your donations will go towards helping us get more kids on bikes. If you can, please consider setting up a recurring donation. Even $5/month is guaranteed to help put a smile on a kids face!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do 20% of the sales go to Durango Devo? Durango Devo is a 501(c)3 non-for-profit whose mission is to create life-long cyclists through an inclusive, team cycling model. We have over 600 athletes ages 2-19 and 90 coaches, all of whom rely on fundraisers like the Bike Swap to keep Devo alive! The Devo Bike Swap is Devo’s largest fundraiser.
- How can I volunteer to help at the Swap? SWAP VOLUNTEER SIGNUPS WILL BE POSTED TO THIS PAGE WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. All volunteers are invited to shop the Swap during our Early-Bird hours before the Swap opens to the public! This is an awesome opportunity to get the best deals at the swap. Volunteers are also rewarded with free food and drinks.
- What kind of equipment can I bring? If it is bike-related, you can try to sell it! Commonly sold items are road bikes, mountain bikes, kids bikes, cruisers, shocks, wheels, components, bike shoes, pedals, helmets, pumps, bike packs, jerseys, wrenching materials, bike racks, and anything that gets pulled behind a bike.
- How do I get my gear that does not sell? All unsold gear can easily be picked up with your check-in receipt from Chapman Hill on Sunday.
- How much does it cost to get into the swap? $1
- Can I return bikes or gear from the sale? No – the Devo Bike Swap is a used gear consignment sale. Devo makes absolutely no guarantees regarding the condition, form, or function of any bikes, products, or equipment sold at the Bike Swap. Customers must accept the risk of buying a used product from a consignment sale. No returns, refunds, or exchanges will be accepted for any reason once a purchase has been made.
- Who prices the gear? You are free to choose your own price, but we have expert staff on hand to help you put a competitive price on your bikes and equipment.
- Can I bring gear any other time besides Friday from 9am-7pm? Nope, we can only accept gear during these times! But, you can check in your items online, from home, anytime leading up to the swap.
- Does it cost me anything to put my gear in the swap? Online check-in is always FREE! On-site check-in is discouraged for COVID safety reasons and will cost an extra $1/tag, up to $20.
- How long does it take to check in gear? If you are selling less than 10 items, most people spend less than 30 minutes checking in gear.
- Do I have to pick up my unsold gear on Sunday? Yes! Sunday is the ONLY time available to pick up unsold items. All items not picked up by Sunday are considered permanent donations to Durango Devo.
- Do you accept donated items? Of course! In fact, this is the easiest way to drop off gear. Bring all donated gear to the ‘Donated Gear’ table and we will take it from there! Please work out beforehand if you would like to receive a receipt for tax purposes. Please donate items that work and are gently used.
- When can I expect to receive my check? Checks for your sold equipment will be mailed within two weeks of the Swap.
If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call, 970-799-0609, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
*Devo Bike Swap is a used gear consignment sale. Devo makes absolutely no guarantees regarding the condition, form, or function of any bikes, products, or equipment sold at the Bike Swap. Customers must accept the risk of buying a used product from a consignment sale. No returns, refunds, or exchanges will be accepted for any reason once a purchase has been made.*