Durango Devo 2019 Scholarship Form and Instructions
Durango Devo aspires to support each and every athlete in their cycling endeavors (racing or riding) and to share the love and passion of cycling with the hope of creating life-long cyclists. Durango Devo has a scholarship program to help assist with program fees per session (Spring, Summer & Fall.) You must fill out a scholarship application form for each season and each program for which a scholarship is requested.
The goal of the Durango Devo Scholarship Fund is to provide equitable access to Devo’s programs, especially for those families who might not normally consider Devo as a financially viable option. Minority (Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native American, or Asian) applicants and those with significant financial need are given preference. In some cases, limited assistance with gear and equipment such as helmets and bikes may also be available. Assistance with gear and equipment will be disbursed separately from the scholarship as it is available.
The Durango Devo Scholarship Fund is Supported By:
Alissa and Hunter Sykes
Durango Urgent Care
James and Toni Abbey
Other Anonymous Donors and Grants
About the Devo Scholarships:
- Scholarships are Full Scholarships that cover 100% of registration dues and fees.
- Scholarships DO NOT cover additional expenses incurred throughout the program, such as additional trip or event fees. All additional trip and event fees are the responsibility of the parents.
- Scholarships are awarded by the Devo Executive Director (If your scholarship request is denied, inquire with the ED at email@example.com first – if you’re still unsatisfied, you may send in a petition to the Devo Board President).
- Generally, scholarship applications will be due at 3 weeks prior to your desired registration date.
- Racial or ethnic minorities and those with significant financial need are highly encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship recipients DO NOT need to volunteer for Devo events as they have in the past. Scholarships are awarded with no strings attached. However, scholarship recipients and their families are encouraged to be active in the Devo community.
- Both new and returning riders are eligible to apply.