Durangoans, Gallup is on the rise in the mountain bike arena and they are having a town cycling festival later this month. Check out what they have to offer and in the future, watch for a junior cycling program to emerge from the singletrack!
• the 9th edition of the Squash Blossom Classic XC Mtb Race, Saturday 21 September, taking place on 31, 19, of 7 miles of the High Desert Trail system on the North side of Gallup. Video of the trail can be found here.
• Free screening of SingleTrack High -sponsored by GU Energy, and Q&A and raffle with NorCal League Director, Vanessa Hauswald and husband Yuri, 4pm Saturday 21 September
• Fundraiser Dinner and Auction with honorary guest and speaker Levi Leipheimer who will discuss his experience and relationship with the bike that has changed not only his but the lives of his surrounding community, 630pm – Saturday 21 September
• private breakfast and road ride with Levi for high placed donors, breakfast provided by chef Biju Thomas of Skratch Labs and coauthor with Allen Lim of The Feed Zone Cook Book – Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, 8am – Sunday 22 September
• Grand Opening of the new downtown Gallup Brickyard Bike Park and Short Track Mtb TT competition, park designed and created by San Francisco Bay Area resident Nat Lopes of Hilride, 1pm Demos & 2pm Short Track Comp – Sunday 22 September
From Scott the promoter-Please feel free to call me at 707-494-4965 if you have any questions. Otherwise, a complete list of event information can be found at http://www.BikeGallup.org.